Day 1: Spirit of Queensland – Brisbane to Cairns (D)
Join the Spirit of Queensland this afternoon and travel north overnight to Cairns. Enjoy the culinary delights prepared using the freshest of Queensland produce, sourced from within 100 kilometres of the rail corridor. Overnight on board the Spirit of Queensland.
Day 2: Cairns (BL)
This morning the train passes through the sugar cane fields of North Queensland. Sit back and relax as you watch the changing landscapes. Arrive into Cairns this afternoon and transfer by coach to your accommodation in Palm Cove. Stay the next four nights at The Reef House & Spa Palm Cove.
Day 3: Palm Cove (B)
Spend the day at leisure. Explore the village of Palm Cove, wander the foreshore, take in some shopping or relax over a long lunch at one of the many restaurants and cafés situated along the esplanade.
Day 4: Atherton Tableland (BL)
Today embark on a delicious Gourmet Food and Wine tasting tour showcasing the spectacular Atherton Tablelands. Visit eight unique sites and throughout the day you will sample wines, spirits, cheeses, coffee, rainforest condiments, chocolates, tropical fruits and kangaroo and crocodile meat.
Day 5: Kuranda (B)
Travel on the historic Kuranda Scenic Railway to Kuranda. Take in the spectacular views as you wind your way up to the quaint village of Kuranda on this famous journey. This afternoon return on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, gliding silently over the rainforest as you enjoy stunning views along the way.
Day 6: Palm Cove (B)
Your holiday concludes this morning upon check-out from the hotel.
(B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner)
- Beautiful Colonial style South Pacific décor
- Tropical garden or pool views
- Walk in Shower, robes, slippers, APPELLES Apothecary amenities
- Unique hanging double love swing on your private patio or balcony
- Coffee and Tea making facilities
- Pin coded safe
- Individually controlled air conditioning and ceiling fan
- Large remote control LCD TV and DVD Player
Spirit of Queensland – Railbed inclusions:
- A spacious seat by day with 35°of recline
- Lie-flat bed at night with a thick mattress.
- Linen provided including pillow, towel
- Double or Single configuration facing the direction of travel.
- Complimentary amenity pack with Queensland organic products
- Reading light, footrest, drink holder, 240v power point
- Overhead lockers, luggage racks provided
- In-seat entertainment with on demand Movies, TV programs and music available on wide 18.5 inch screen
- Complimentary on board Embark magazine
- All-inclusive main meals served directly to your seat
- Relax in the Club Car to stretch the legs or purchase refreshments along the way.
- Drink fountains in each carriage
- Showers, toilets located at the end of each carriage
- Maximum 19 seats in the RailBed carriage